Customer Collections Advisors
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Agents - Collections|
|Salary||Up to £18,257|
Customer Collections Advisor
- Location: Newcastle - Cobalt Business Park, North Tyneside
- Basis: Permanent
- Salary range: from £15,850 to £18,257 (depending on experience)
- Hours: The hours are between 8am-9pm Monday to Thursday, 8am- 7pm Friday, 9am-5pm Saturday and 10am-3pm Sunday.
Contact Careers specialise in contact centre recruitment across the UK. We match talented individuals with exceptional companies and are We are proud to be recruiting for a leading financial services provider that offers a wide range of personal and commercial financial products and services in the UK.
We have a number of exciting opportunities to join their expanding team of collections advisors based at in Cobalt Business Park, North Tyneside (just a few minutes from the Silverlink).
The Customer Collections Team
Customer Collections are a dedicated team of individuals who aim to provide exceptional customer service. You will be dealing with customers in a variety of situations, ranging from those who have simply forgotten to make a payment to those who are in financial difficulty. Within this range you’ll engage with customers who may be in a vulnerable position and need specific solutions tailored to their needs.
Ongoing development and support is provided to maximise your potential in the role and to ensure you can be the very best you can possibly be.
Role and Responsibilities
- Taking inbound and making outbound calls to customers who are in financial difficulties and/or in arrears with their banking products or credit card
- Use customer databases to ensure an accurate reflection of the customers situation is noted
- Appropriately question to obtain accurate information to the customers’ financial and personal circumstances to ascertain the best possible financial solution
- Identify customers facing financial difficulties and provide guidance on free debt management support
- Clearly and empathically position the consequences of arrears for the account status ensuring customers understand their situation
- Use the Income and Expenditure tool to negotiate payment arrangements to clear arrears in the most affordable and sustainable timeframe
- Take ownership of all customer issues and taking actions to resolve any dissatisfaction
- Liaise with internal departments to resolve account disputes in a timely manner, or escalating issues or complaints according to process
- Ensuring all regulatory and legislative guidelines are adhered to, including compliance with the FCA, and the Data Protection Act.
- Work towards achieving all Collections and Quality Assurance targets
- Participate in the development of collections strategy and policy by providing feedback on issues identified
- Ability to understand additional requirements of our customers’ needs
- Excellent communication; voice, written and listening skills, be friendly and empathetic towards our customers
- An understanding of regulatory guidelines
- Competent problem solving and decision making ability
Perks and Benefits
Our client value their staff and customers alike. With this in mind the offer a range of outstanding employee benefits, including:
- 33 days holidays (including bank holidays)
- Opportunity to purchase additional holidays up to 5 days per year
- Comprehensive ongoing training programmes
- Opportunity to purchase shares
- Annual pay review
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Discount on car lease agreements/apple products and various retailers
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounted products
Please note – successful candidates will be required to pass checks and references.